recovery-sober-living

recovery-sober-living

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Recovery From Ego!

When it comes to the body and the mind I tend to hear one  but not listen to the other! This is a mistake that I continue to pay for dearly. The mind tell's me keep working don't quit, the ego tells me you wont out work me, you wont out rep me, I wont lose!
 This is a huge defect of character that is progress not perfection, I continually pass the level of healthy with obsession and danger, my ego says you are good but the reality is I am not. It takes a humbling moment to recognize this character defect for this alcoholic. See the humbling moment is called injury caused by ego! I find that many times in recovery I was on fire I was on that "Pink Cloud", but that's just it there was no we in this statement only I! Our program teaches us that without "We" there is no "Us" and there is no "Me".
 I must accept help, I must accept that always going "Head First", is not the answer, we must take guidance, we must listen to our body, we must not always push the limits of our body to an unhealthy state, stick to the direction that gives you the results, never let ego run the show, when we see results and let ego take over we injure ourselves because we push to an unhealthy state. I do the same in my recovery and then my sponsor brings me back to reality, this isn't a sprint he tells me, it is a marathon take direction and outlast the competition with hard work and daily inventory, this applies to recovery and health, Mind, Body, and Soul.
 We are a people of instant gratification and no hard work! When I found recovery I found that I must do the work to get the results and that wasn't always instant some times it was months down the road even years! Now with constant work and guidance I "Listen", trial error and injury are the lessons I have learned, lessons in which I could have only learned this way because my "EGO' was running the show. I stopped living my dream because FEAR,I wasn't seeing what I wanted because I wasn't seeing instant results! Fear kills all DREAMS! DO WORK!

1 comment:

  1. Another brilliant Post Mike,thank you! needed to read this.

    ReplyDelete