recovery-sober-living

recovery-sober-living

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Land Of Familiarity Is Dead.

I have learned to leap higher. This to me is all about trusting me, walking by faith not by sight. I have decided that reaching deep and feeling that pain pushes me to greatness, I don't mean pain as in push yourself to injury I mean pain as in damn this hurts but I feel strong!
 You know that moment of clarity in a work out when you push past the pain to achieve what you have been scared to do, see "FEAR" holds us all back but we all have that moment in our lives when that fear no longer is sufficient, that fear holds no weight and we break free and create new possibilities for ourselves! Impossible is nothing!
 I relate my recovery the same as I do in my physical fitness. I have moments of clarity in both that are so very simaler that if I want change I must change, if I want the pain to stop then I must do it right and remain in the solution not in the problem, these to areas in peoples lives are so simaler and we neglect to see it at times. When things get hard we as humans sometimes look for the easy way out and get the same results every time but when the moment of clarity happens there is no looking back, there is never rest easy, todays successes are just that "TODAY" , the land of familiarity is dead for me today, I want to do better today than I did yesterday just like in my recovery what I did today holds no weight for tomorrow. If all my recovery was about only what I did once for my recovery I wouldn't be here today, the man I was yesterday is not who I am today, I am constantly changing evolving for the better, for greatness in recovery and in my physical fitness yesterday was great but let's make today better!
 I am comfortable today with uncomfortable, I am willing today to face that pain and change!

4 comments:

  1. Another Brilliant Post Mike... you always reflect what I'm struggling with on a Daily Basis... please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hit the nail on the head for me today Michael. I have to continually push myself both in my fitness and in my recovery. I can't "rest on my laurels" in any areas of my life today. As I left an appointment regarding what is shaping up to be yet another challenge in my life and my recovery, I found myself working on all three areas that you describe focusing on in recovery - Mind, Body, and Spirit. On the way home I spoke with God, then some other men in the program, and then I went for a run and bested my last pace by over a minute per mile. Thanks for writing Michael, your posts are an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my friends, it's funny how God places what we need to hear right in front of our eyes ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah,he does indeed... God loves us. :)

    ReplyDelete