recovery-sober-living

recovery-sober-living

Monday, May 19, 2014

Second Half Of Step One.

So in my journey's across the country I am always reminded of step one. I get to really understand this step in my life but also experience other's unmanageable life and help them see it and redefine success in their own life.
 See when I got sober this was the hardest part of step one for me because being powerless over alcohol was easy to admit but saying I needed help with my life management skills was hard because of ego, see even with all the bad consequences very apparent in my life I still wouldn't surrender my way.
 For me I needed to see the consequences and really feel them and I don't mean going to jail I just mean see and feel it in my life, these are not always jail situations but say not being able to pay bills due to irresponsible spending. See when I couldn't go do something because of this I felt it and was embarrassed and ashamed and never wanted to feel this way again.  For me not being able to provide for my family due to my selfish acts would destroy me so this is easy for me now, but for those I am around guiding through this process of change I must let them feel it and not bale them out but support them in change to never feel this way again and show them where they may have went wrong and change what they did and redefine what is unmanageable in there life.
 For me when one said your life is unmanageable the first thing I did was puff my chest up and lead with ego, today I want a solution and immediately go into action of change because I don't want to feel the pain I once felt. Today I share my experience with my fellow's but I do not enable them so they don't feel the pain because pain is temporary and provides an opportunity to learn a new way to live and in this journey one needs help and support but also must feel to change. Being numb and resistant to change is lack of surrender and an incomplete step 1 there are two parts in step 1 and we must be thorough if we want a better way!
DO WORK EVERY DAY TO LIVE YOUR DREAMS!

No comments:

Post a Comment